CHAPEL HILL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
What We Believe
At Chapel Hill United Methodist Church, we share the following basic affirmations in common with all Christian communities:
- We believe God, who is one, is revealed in three distinct persons.
- We believe in the mystery of salvation through Jesus Christ. God became human in Jesus. His life, death, and resurrection demonstrate God’s redeeming love.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is God’s present activity in our midst. When we sense God’s leading, God’s challenge, or God’s support or comfort, it’s the Holy Spirit at work.
- We believe that we’ve been made in the image of the Creator. Like God, we have the capacity to love and care, to communicate, and to create.
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ, an extension of Christ’s life and ministry in the world today.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word and is the primary authority for our faith and practice.
- We believe that the kingdom or reign of God is both a present reality and future hope.